Google
 

Monday, October 02, 2006

Why can't it just sprinkle?

They say when it rains, it pours, but seriously, just this once, why couldn't it just sprinkle.
The rain started last Thursday. I went to the doctor because I thought I was coming down with strep throat, whatever, no big, I wasn't worried about that. I showed her the spots I was getting from the nicotine patches, and she told me I was allergic and I had to stop using them. If that had been the only sprinkle, I'm pretty sure I could have dealt with it, but then, after I got back to work, I noticed that my face was a little splotchy, but I didn't think anything of it. About an hour later, one of the girls asked if I was feeling okay, and really I felt great, why did she ask? Well, because my face was really splotchy. That freaked me out a little bit, so I called the doctor. Stop taking the antibiotic and take some Benadryl immediately. K, so between me calling the doctor and the doctor calling me back, I got super worked-up/freaked-out/panicky, so I did what I do when that happens, I cried, and cried, and cried, and ended up going home for the rest of the day so I could take the Benadryl and sleep it off. Friday morning, my Uncle was having an angiogram. I called to find out how it went and learned that he had total blockage in 2 arteries and he was going to have to have bypass surgery when they got him stable enough for surgery. Well, they did the surgery this morning, triple bypass, no surprises, everything went well. Needless to say, I had a really emotionally trying weekend. Hopefully this is the end of the storm for a while. I don't know if I could handle much more.
I smoked a few cigarettes this weekend, but I'm trying to get back on the non-smoking track.