Google
 

Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm sad

We found out around Thanksgiving that my great aunt's longtime boyfriend had a cancerous growth. That's the "bad thing" that I was referring to here. It's going to kill him. Not very long after that we found out that my (same) great aunt's daughter has lung cancer. She's dying right now. She could have died already; I asked them not to call me with any news until after I get off work tonight. She smoked for many many years. She successfully quit smoking just a few months before she was diagnosed. You'd think that would be good motivation for me to quit smoking, but it hasn't worked yet. Anyway, I'm feeling very alone right now. I want to be with my family right now. I need their support. I've got a couple of relatives here, but because of my weird hours, I don't see them very often, and they're in bed when I get off work, so I don't want to bug them. It's times like this that I really miss my dad. There are certain things that only a hug from my daddy will make better, and this is one of them. *(Dad, I'm not trying to make you feel bad, and I don't want you to feel bad, but that's just how I'm feeling.)* Anyway, hope your day is going better than mine.