Google
 

Monday, June 04, 2007

Drama

Alright, here's how the shiz went down:
Last week I was working 8-5's, and didn't get much sleep over the Memorial Day weekend, so when I got home Tuesday night, I went to bed at like 7pm. I awoke out of a dead sleep for some unknown reason about 1:35am, which happens like once a week, and I got scared, so I turned on the light to make sure no one was there, usually no one is there when I do this. This time, there was someone in a ski mask crouched on the floor next to my bed. I screamed, "Aah, Aah, Aah, Aah, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE!" They did, thank God. When they were gone, I got up and ran to the back door and closed it and locked it, and called the police. They came, and as soon as I got off the phone with the 911 operator, I called my neighbor friend across the street. She came over and sat with me for a little while, then I went and spent the rest of the night at a friend's house researching guns and gun laws. As soon as the gun store opened, I went and bought this:

It is a PA 63 pistol.
I had only shot a gun one time in my life before this day, but let me tell you, shooting a gun is the most empowering feeling I've ever felt. Also, I am a very good shot, according to the gun salesman. So, after I got the gun, I went to work, then after work I went to Home Depot and got new locks for my windows and doors. The neighbor's husband came over and installed the locks, and gave me some gun tips, then went home. Not 2 minutes later he came back with one of his boys, and said to me, "Amanda, [boy] has something he needs to get off his chest," then [boy] says, "Amanda, it was me." I flipped out and screamed at him for a few minutes, then told him I didn't want to look at him and sent him home. I think I felt more violated that it was someone I knew than when I thought it was a stranger, but I did feel safer to sleep in my house that night. That safe feeling has gone away, but hopefully it will return soon. So, he's been turned into the police, and whatever happens is in the DA's hands now.

Oh, BTW, it took 10-15 minutes from the time I walked into the gun store 'til I was walking out with a gun.
God bless the NRA.
God bless Charlton Heston.
That is all.