Google
 

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Blah blah blah

I'm having a pretty bad case of the blahs today. I'm tired, the weather is kind of gloomy, and I'm just not in the mood to be out of bed. There's a really good book, The Cider House Rules, sitting on my bedside table calling my name. I don't usually spend much time at home on the weekends, but I think this weekend I'm going to class, and that's it. I think my mood will improve greatly if I just have some me time at home.

My youngest cousin turns 18 tomorrow. That makes me feel old. His older sister, who got married over the Christmas break found out that she's having a girl. Her name will be Madison Abigail. It'll be nice to have a new baby to play with.

Here are some quotes for your brain to chew on for a little while:

"Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair." - George Burns

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." - Peter Ustinov

"If there's one thing I know it's God does love a good joke." - Hugh Elliott

"America believes in education: the average professor earns more money in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week." - Evan Esar

"Where there is no imagination, there is no horror." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh." - W.H. Auden

And on that note, I bid you farewell for today. Hope you have a good one.