Google
 

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My friend Heather

My friend Heather is one of my favorite people in the world. She's not number 1, but she's definitely in the top 5.

Sidenote: If you don't have a Heather friend, you should go out and get one. Some of the most fun I've had in my life has been with Heathers.
She used to work here, and we hung out and talked all the time, but she got a new job with regular hours So she's usually in bed when I get off work, and we don't get to talk very often. Anyway, my friend Heather called me tonight. She's coming by pretty soon, and I'm so excited. Even though we go months without seeing each other, when we do, it's like we haven't missed a beat. It's so hard to find friends like that; it's hard for me to make friends anyway because I'm cripplingly shy around new people. I used to get stressed out when we'd go long periods without talking, but now I'm totally cool with it. She knows I'm here for her, I know she's there for me, it just works for us. This:
A good friend will bail you out of jail, but your best friend will be the one sitting next to you saying “That was fucking awesome!”
is the kind of relationship Heather and I have. It rocks. I mean it, if you don't have one, go out and get yourself a Heather today.

Have a nice day!