Google
 

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Happy Star Wars Day!

Unless you've been living in a cave, you know that today, well tomorrow officially, is the release date of the final Star Wars movie. I'm very excited. The reviews say its disappointing, blah blah blah, but, dude, seriously, IT HAS DARTH VADER. I've never been disappointed by Vader before, and I don't expect to be now.

My mom thinks that it's unsafe for me to go to the midnight movie by myself. My reaction to this was, "Mom, I won't be by myself. There'll be lots of other Star Wars geeks there too." I really don't think that that was a sufficient arguement for her, but too bad. I'm going to see Star Wars!!!

I'm an independent woman, and have been going to places at midnight by myself for the last 10 years or so. The only reason she's worried is because she knows I'm doing it. If I didn't live with her, I'd still be going, she just wouldn't necessarily know about it. At least she'll know whether or not I made it home safely. She doesn't object to my brother going to the midnight movie, but that's probably because he's a boy. My sister probably does stuff at midnight all the time, but she's safe because she's in a really small town. Whatever.

I watched Britney & Kevin: Chaotic last night. I've been looking for someone to discuss it with, but I'm embarassed to tell people that I watched it, so I'm having a little trouble. The show is basically just home videos that Brit took while she was on the road and was lonely starting back not long after she met Kevin, but before they got serious. It's kind of funny. The best part was when Brit predicted that within the next 5 yrs. Brad Pitt was going to get bored, get divorced, and find a younger woman. At the time, it was just wishful thinking on her part, but alas, that's exactly what happened, only it didn't take 5 yrs. it only took 5 months. Too bad she married Kevin, cause she maybe could have had Brad. Shoot, Angelina is only a couple years older than Brit.

Just 9 hr & 42 minutes to go!