Google
 

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Recipes

I love recipes, cookbooks, anything that has to do with cooking. I could spend $1 million in Williams-Sonoma easily. When I was in high school I even made up my own cookie recipe and won several awards for it. I also like reading cookbooks, which some people think is weird. My favorite cookbook is the one my aunt Terri made me. It's full of secret family recipes that I'm not allowed to give to anyone. :)

A friend of mine brought me a new recipe today. It's for Asparagus Casserole. It looks really easy and yummy. I'll have to wait until next weekend until I have a chance to cook it though. Here it is if you're interested:

Asparagus Casserole

2 cups cracker crumbs
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1 (15 oz.) can asparagus tips
1 (10 oz.) can mushroom soup
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, melted

Preheat the gas oven to 350 degrees. Combine the cracker crumbs and cheese in a medium bowl and mix well. Drain the asparagus, reserving 1 cup liquid. Combine the reserved liquid and the soup in a large bowl and mix well.

Layer 1/3 of the cracker mixture, 1/2 of the asparagus and 1/2 of the soup mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole. Repeat the layers and top with the remaining cracker mixture. Drizzle with margarine. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Doesn't it sound good?