Google
 

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Internet Dating

I need some advice. I put a profile on an internet dating site, and was wondering if anyone had any experience, good or bad, with meeting people this way. Internet dating seems to be the future of dating, so I thought maybe I should join ranks since I haven't had any success meeting people in real life.

I'm a bit skeptical about meeting people in person who I've become acquainted with on the internet. All you can know about them is what they tell you about themselves, and you have no way of knowing if it's the truth. There are a couple of local bloggers that I wouldn't mind meeting, but I feel that bloggers are very honest people and aren't intentionally trying to deceive anyone. I think some, not all, people on internet dating sites can be less than honest about their intentions. That's really hard for me to deal with because I'm brutally honest about everything. A lot of the time a thought pops into my head and is out my mouth before I can stop myself, and lying just doesn't make any sense to me. I should probably just go with it and see what happens; ya know, quit being so cynical. Let me know what you think.


On a totally different subject, there was a Neopets question on Jeopardy today.