Google
 

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The book I just finished

I just finished reading The Cider House Rules by John Irving. It was amazing. It's about adoption and abortion and life. The character development is really good. You really get to know the characters. I haven't seen the movie, but if you've seen the movie, I still recommend that you read the book. I'm sure that there's a lot more detail and character development in the book than the movie. The main character, Homer Wells is very easy to fall in love with. He's an orphan who has trouble getting adopted. He's a very noble, heroic character, though he does have his flaws. Candy is also a great character. She's got a lot of flaws, but you can't help but like her. Also, if you're on the fence about you feel about abortion, I would recommend that you read this book. It may help shed some light on the issue for you.