Google
 

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Is everyone voting for American Idol? Matthew Metzger's number is 1-866-436-5706. Tonight he sang When I See You Smile. He did a really good job considering his song choice. I'm typing 1 handed, and voting with the other. I'll be deeply disappointed if he doesn't make it to the next round.

I went to the Three Dog Night concert last night. I wasn't impressed. The sound wasn't very good. You couldn't understand anything that they were singing. The best part was laughing at this couple of hippies. They were both wearing tie dyed t-shirts, and the woman was wearing purple nylon shorts, black socks, and black shoes; the man was wearing white nylon shorts and sandals. I must admit that seeing these two made the whole night worth it.

So, a couple of days ago, I decided that I want to buy my mom a cat for St. Patrick's Day. I was thinking that I would get a kitten, put a green bow around it's neck, and name it Patti O'Malley for the occasion. The plan has become a little more elaborate than that. Here's the deal. I don't think that I can afford to buy a cat until the first of the month, but for the last couple of days I've been telling her that I'm going to get her a St. Patrick's Day surprise. So, on St. Patrick's Day, I'm going to tell her she'll have to wait until the 1st of the month for the surprise. The first of the month, as you may know, is April Fool's Day. On that day, I'm going to tell her that there wasn't really a surprise, it was all just an April Fools Day joke, then the next day, or later that day, I'm going to present her with the kitten. I think it's brilliant, and touching on evil genius.

"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - Walter Gagehot