Google
 

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Today is American Idol day! I'm so excited. I liked the first guy that got through, that red haired guy named John.
I'm even more excited about next week. Next week is Wildcard week. They are getting together 8 people from the previous shows to give them one more shot. My favorite guy so far this year came in at number 3 on the first week. His name is Matthew Metzger. Last time he sang Walking in Memphis, which is one of my favorite songs. He sang it with such charisma and passion, and he looked like he was having fun while he was singing it. Also, he said this:
"What are your personal goals in life?
To someday be the best husband and father the world has ever seen."
on his American Idol web page.
Vote for him next week!

I got a new picture of my niece in the mail today. It came with an invitation to her 1st birthday party. I can't believe it's been a whole year; it seems like we were waiting for her to come just yesterday! I started making something for her the week before she was born, while I was on jury duty. I should probably try to finish it and give it to her for her birthday. It's really cute, but I don't want to say what it is just now, because I want it to be a surprise for Karissa.

I am going to see Prince! He's going to be here on April 6, and Karissa, her friend Jessica and I are going. I'm so excited. It's very rare that I get to go to a concert, even more rare that an 80's pop idol is in concert and I get to go. It's supposed to be a greatest hits tour. I can't wait to see him sing Purple Rain, one of the greatest songs of all time. I'm also going to see Three Dog Night on Monday. That's going to be here at the college, so it won't be as big as Prince. The front man of Candlebox's new band, Kevin Martin & the High Watts, is also coming to play at the college's Spring Event on April 17. I don't know if I'm going to be able to see that or not, but I really hope that I can.

A funny thing happened at work this evening. I was hanging out in the computer lab, and a really cute boy asked for help. It was a reference question, so we sent him to the librarian. Before he had a chance to get to her, we called her and told her to tell him that the girls upstairs thought he was cute and would like his phone number. We didn't really think she would get it, so when he came back upstairs, we had Jill talk to him. He came in and talked to Jennifer and said call me some time. We didn't know that he had already given his phone number to the librarian, so we kind of thought that he wasn't very smart, since he didn't give it to her. Well, the librarian just brought me his phone number, so now we know he might not be as dumb as we originally thought.

"The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt