Google
 

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A.D.D. Idol

Here's how I thought the Idols did last night:

Lisa Tucker - Because of You, Kelly Clarkson - It was just bad. She sounded pitchy and horrible. I agree with Simon, it was painful.

Kelly Pickler - Suds in the Bucket, Sara Evans - It was a good performance. The judges were wrong though, she isn't better than the song. The song choice was perfect for her. That's her niche. I don't think she's as good as they act like she is.

Ace Young - Drops of Jupiter, Train - He has a self confidence problem. Ace doesn't think he's as good as he really is. That's difference between Ace and Constantine. Constantine thought he was better than he was. I think it was better than karaoke, which it sounded like to Simon, and he's definitely got the smoldering look into the camera thing down.

Taylor Hicks - Trouble, Ray LaMontagne - His was the best performance of the night, and he looked kind of hot in that leather jacket.

Mandisa - Wanna Praise You, Mary Mary - Her Jesus loving ass was probably freaking the F out about America "worshipping" the "Idol" at the church of Mandisa. Also, her performance was definitely indulgent.

Chris Daughtry - What If, Creed - Creed? Seriously? Chris, you're so much better than that, but What If you show some versatility.

Katherine McPhee - The Voice Within, Christina Aguilera - The judges said best of the night, it was the worst. She was all over the place vocally. I'm a fan of Katherine, but this was her worst performance so far. **I just accidently totally not on purpose just heard Xtina singing this on Yahoo! Music, and she didn't sound that good singing it either.

Bucky Covington - Real Good Man, Tim McGraw - I'm not a fan of his, but I am a fan of the song. He sang it well.

Paris - Work It Out, Beyonce - She DID work it out. It was a really good performance. Best female of the night.

Elliot Yamin I Don't Want to Be, Gavin DeGraw - One word: potential.

I'd almost put money on Lisa going home tonight.

Here's a song I'd like to hear each of them sing before the end:

~Lisa - I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman by Britney Spears
~Kelly - Strawberry Wine by Deana Carter or Fancy by Reba
~Ace - I Swear by John Michael Montgomery or This I Promise You by NSYNC or Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer
~Taylor - Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls
~Mandisa - Fast Car by Tracy Chapman
~Chris - Lightning Crashes by Live or Photograph by Nickelback or I Remember You by Skid Row
~Katherine - Words Get in the Way by Gloria Estefan or In My Life by Bette Middler
~Bucky - The Dukes of Hazzard theme by Waylon Jennings
~Paris - Free Your Mind by En Vogue
~Elliot - Pianoman by Billy Joel

These are all songs I deeply love and think these people could sing great.

And now, for something completely off topic, that new show Teachers on NBC is cute, but it's not funnier than Joey, and doesn't deserve to be in his time slot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I moved into my new office today. It's great. I'm isolated in a corner away from everyone else, and it's huge, and it has a built in bookcase, and it's going to look fabulous after I decorate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to visit my renter.

Have a nice day.